Monday, May 11, 2009

In Case You Haven't Already Heard...

Hey guys,

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I have been over in Belize City, at the hospital with the Houghton's since last Wednesday.  Dan is doing better every day.  He is one of the strongest willed people I have ever seen. I wanted to personally thank you and the Houghton's send their love and thanks to all of you.  It is untelling how many prayers were said for Dan and his family.

Anyways, I have made one of the hardest decisions of my life...I am coming home this week. I hope that doesn't disappoint any of you. I have prayed about it all week and I talked to the body of elders in San Pedro and made the decision to come on home. I will explain the full scope of my reasons when I get back, so feel free to ask me why I decided to come back a month early.

I hope that my coming back early doesn't discourage others from serving where the need is greater. This has been the best experience of my entire life. I have grown so much spiritually and have been able to experience things that I will never forget. This is definitely not the end of my serving where the need is greater. I want to do it again in the future. I want to take just a second to thank each and everyone of you who helped and supported my being able to come down here for these 2 months. It would have never been possible without your help and support. So, I have to go right now, but I will seemost of you this weekend if everything goes as planned.

I love you all,
Josh

4 comments:

  1. Josh,
    You have really done a great thing by using your money, time, and energy serving in Belize!!!!! You will have memories that will last the rest of your life from all you have experienced -- savor and enjoy that -- you will probably never know the scope of the people you have helped there --- you should be proud of that, I know your Momma is!!! Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug.
    Love,
    Greta and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes, you are officially THEMAN, josh. Just wanted to point that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh, You will not discourage anyone, especially if they knew all that you have accomplished while you were here. You helped us out so much here and we all appreciate you and your hard work. I understand that you must go home right now, but I'll see you again. If not here then somewhere. Remember it's not where you are it's why you're there. If you keep Jehovah first then it's impossible for the same joy you've had here to not follow you anywhere you go. Granted it's a bit easier here since the ministry and meetings pretty much consume your life. But you will be back. From what I've seen you have the right attitude and now that you have tasted this type of life, then you will be back for more. Travel safe and email me when you make it back home safely.

    Take care bro,

    We will miss you and love you,

    Barry and Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I just found your site. We are visiting ambergris Caye or Caye caulker in Feb. 2010. Are you still in Caye Caulker? We are wondering where the kingdom Hall is in Ambergris Caye? If you are still there we want to get together with the bro. and sisters.
    My email ccj4ever1@gmail.com
    Craig and Carmen and Jake Coats
    From Minnesota

    ReplyDelete