Friday, May 1, 2009

The Last Few Days...

Hey guys,

Well, we have been in service everyday this week.  We are still going early, because it gets so hot here.  I went back to the guy at the hardware store, but he ended up having to work later than he realized and was leaving work to go to Belize City...so I will get to talk to him this week.  

Just so you know, there are no cases of "swine flu" in Belize at this point.  One of the doctors had a little seminar about the "swine flu" and things to do to protect yourself.  From what I understand, it was basically reminders about hygiene...like, making it a habit to wash your hands frequently and covering your mouth if you cough or sneeze, in order to avoid spreading it to others.
So, don't worry about me...everything here is fine right now.

We have been getting ready for the visit of the Circuit Overseer, Ozzie Oxley and his wife.  They will be here on Tuesday night...so we will have 2 meetings during the week... Tuesday and Thursday instead of Wednesday.  I have heard that he is a trooper in field service, so he will motivate us to put in some longer days...which will be nice...and tiresome. :) 

This coming week, Buddy Magania Sr., does his VERY FIRST Bible reading.  He has really practiced hard for it, even coming down to the Kingdom Hall to practice...and you can tell!
He is definitely ready to give it...and everyone here is so excited to see their family making good progress!

Now, here are some pics for you...I hope you like them...








1st pic:  This was William Magania after the meeting on Wednesday night. That is his "throne" in front of the Kingdom Hall!  The hand coming in behind him is his brother, Buddy Jr., sneaking in the picture...haha.

2nd pic: We were in service on Wednesday morning (I think), and this eagle sat there for about a half hour while we talked to someone on the street.  Once we finished talking, I was able to get this pic.  These eagles are building this new nest at the opposite end of the island from where the last eagle pics were taken.

3rd pic:  On Thursday afternoon, Jeremy and I went kayaking again and I, being the genuis that I am, didn't think I needed sunscreen...Haha...BAD IDEA!!!  I thought I would take a picture of the results of that decision.  It's not that bad of a burn, especially since we were out there for about 4 hours.  However, I didn't have ANY sunscreen on, so it obviously doesn't feel good.  Kayaking is always fun though...and good exercise. :)

4th pic:  This sign is at the part of the island famously known as, "The Split".  One of the past hurricanes here actually ripped through that part of the island and caused the island to "split"... thus the name.  There is a bar and restaurant there where a lot of tourists go.  The bar is not a good place to hang out, but that is one of the best swimming areas on the island.  However, you can go swimming the avoid the bar scene, which is good.  Anyways, this morning in service, we were down that way, and I noticed this sign for the first time... I thought it was funny because of the bar's slogan: "A sunny place for shady people".  I couldn't help but laugh.

5th pic:  I took this pic earlier in the week while I was out on the pier where I go sometimes in the evening.  This house is directly behind the pier.  It is a really nice place.  I think the guy who owns it is a nuclear physicist.  He docks his boat at this particular pier.  The law here says that you can go out on any pier during daytime hours, but you can't get on anyone else's boat.

I hope you like the pics...
Thanks again for checking out the blog...
By the way, you should look at Jeremy and Karen Scriver's blog.  They are originally from Canada.  They just started their blog, so check it out:

Love ya'all,
Josh

9 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to leave a comment about the pictures instead of starting the Kobe stuff again.........Why didn't u wear sunscreen,that was pretty dumb....lol.Just kidding but seriously it was

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sunburn, hope you dont totally peel like me, anyway, The greatest guitarist ever is leaving this comment. Take that jared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seagull is awesome.I dont get sunburns.I just get tan.I wish I was Samoan like 43.The greatest madden player ever is leaving this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHATEVER KRIS,I destroyed you with the Jets because Brett Favre is the greatest QB in the world so take that......#4 and #24..... FOGET ABOU IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know one thing,
    where is your sunscreen ?
    You are as red as a lobster !
    I am going to be jealous of your nice tan.
    I know I will be glad to see you, no matter what color you are.
    I am also glad you are having a good time.
    We all love you, and we are very proud of you.
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jared I blocked a feild goal!I was steelers and kyle was patriots i think.It was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jared, Kris, all I have to say is I can destroy both of you at guitar. I know jared is gonna come back with: "Well whos better at drums?" Im going to say he is but I just wanted to let everybody know that since I rule.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have swine flu...too much bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Josh, I did it. i signed up on this site totally on my own--are you proud of me? So It looks like your having a lot of fun. Ive been following your blog. Yea the special talk was awesome, Wayne did a great job. Im sure you have a busy schedule when you get back,but please pencil Dan and i in for a visit. We are so excited for you, and know your having a GREAT time. My email address is lisa_pence1200@msn.com. Im not sure if i put the right address in or not oops.

    ReplyDelete