Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm finally here!

Hey Everyone,

After one 36 hour day of traveling, which included 5 hour drive to atlanta, 2 1/2 flight to cancun, then 1 hour bus ride to playa del carmen, mexico. I stayed with one of the most loving, hospitable couples I've ever met (ernesto and guilanna). They took such good care of me. That was Tuesday.

Today, Wednesday, I left playa del carmen at 7:30 am on a bus to chetumal, mexico. From chetumal, I took another 4 hour bus ride across the belize border, thru immigration, and into belize city, belize. I made it just in time to get on the last water taxi to caye caulker.

I arrived to my new home for the next 3 months at about 6:30 pm, then went to the meeting. Small cong., but the friends are great. Singing was very impressive! After that, I ate somedinner and then played sequence w/ dan and dolly houghton,, barry and danielle vista (a couple from san pedro, belize, and danielle's mother, beth.

My humble abode is basically a glorified tree house about 150 yards from the beach, and I absolutely love it!
Pictures coming soon!

**** the buses were like greyhounds, not "chicken buses".

So far this has been one of the most memorable experiences of my life.
Please keep in touch. Thank u all for your support.

messer_23@hotmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Hey Joshie! Mom and Dad said they are so glad you made it there and they miss you alot. I am extremely jealous of your "glorified treehouse" take lots of pictures. I love you! Mom and dad concur. THey love you too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Josh,
    I have been checking to see if you made it -- at the meeting Tues you were still in route of course. Keep having a great time and post up the pics when you can. We love you.
    Greta and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joshie,
    Me and Uncle Jerry are missing you but we are so glad you made it safely. Uncle Jerry saw a bus crash in Mexico and was ready to come get you. HE's looking for any excuse to come down there. We are very proud of you and we love you but we are very jealous that you are on vacation haha I'll write more next time. We love you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Josh, it is great to hear you made in one piece. Not a chicken bus huh. I am glad to hear that. Your mom and fam went out in service. Your mom was crying like a baby, snottin and sniffin all over the place. It was really gross. I just told her to grow up! So where are the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Josh,

    Just wanted to say we are glad you are there safe. I cannot wait to see pictures of your treehouse. 150 feet from the ocean! I am so jealous!!!!!!!! I am very proud of you! Cannot wait to see more of your great experience.

    Suzanne, Aaron and Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Josh...sorry about your car..maybe they can save the tires..anyway i was just kidding about the chickin bus..cant wait to see more pics of the locals and such and maybe you can take some pics of the sealife..like the 20 spiecies of man eating sharks...all the deadly stinging jelly fish..flesh ripping moray eels..poison corals...bone crushing giant octopuses..fearful rip currents...unexpectant killer whirl pools ..anyway have a nice swim while your there and take care...we miss you...Bill n Mary
    PS...just kidding about the car

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Josh,
    Taking care of your spastic mother, remember what your there for, stay off the beach! And walking around with a Watchtower & Awake doesnt count for service time, hahhahh. Don't worry about home, everything will be fine. Make the most of your experience. Miss you already! Love,
    Lisa, Jeff, Jacob,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete