Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Basketball on the Carribean!!


Hey guys,

When I was in San Pedro, I finally got to play some basketball.  The court had lights on it, so we played after dark. The court was right on the beach, and there was a vicious wind coming off the ocean.  Shooting from outside was really difficult. The last game we played was another brother and I versus Barry Vista and Rob Colon...They are in the 1st pic... Barry is in the brown shirt and Rob is in the white shirt.  The game was tied and Rob shot a three-pointer to win the game and just nailed it. I couldn't believe it!!
Even though we lost, we had a blast!  It was cool getting to play right on the beach like that.
We were so close to the water that the officials there in San Pedro are having to build up the beach next to the court so the ball doesn't bounce into the water!
The 2nd pic is Rob's son, Gabe...he is 2 years old and is doing dishes.  He actually did a really good job. His parents are learning Spanish, so he speaks some Spanish and some English.
It is really cool.
Well guys, I have to go for now, but will be posting again soon...

Love ya'all,
Josh

12 comments:

  1. Basketball on the beach sounds awesome. That is so cool that you are meeting so many great people they will be lasting friendships. Maybe they will come visit you sometime. Hope the fun and hard work continue's.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I almost forgot...when we were playing basketball, I dislocated my left pinky...AGAIN!
    Barry had to pop it back in place for me and when it popped back in you could feel the little tendons move and the bone go back in place.
    It always feels really weird, but it hurts less each time it happens. Poor Barry didn't know what to expect, so it made his stomach turn a little bit.
    I think that's about all the noteworthy things that happened, but if I think of more I will let post it.
    -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet thats awesome.The pinky thing sounds cool to.Im not much for basketball but playing on the beach sounds cool.Oh and can you guys put your emails on their comments if they want to.Id like to get some thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everybody check out my links. Their helarious.Thanks to Joseph I have the Ninja one on their.Enjoy.Oh and I'll be putting a Troy Polamalu Vid. on their soon.43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its on there.All you have to do is click on my pic. and look for links and right beside it says (more>>) just click on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All right. I put a video of caye caulker on my links. Ive got to say its a really buitiful island. Josh you need to watch it and tell us if you have seen anything on there.Im sure you have but I want to know what specificly on there you saw.The Vid. was done in nov. 2008 so its pretty up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Josh,
    I am so glad you are having fun as well as all the new spiritual things you are doing! What an awesome experience.You will never forget it. And
    what about all the friends you are meeting from everywhere? I hope you have the time of your life.
    And when your done, I will be so happy to see you!!! We miss you,but we are waiting....I miss
    your big smile.Everyone here loves you.
    Love Always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh I wish I was there to show you how its done by puttung threes in your face like I do everytime I play. (just kidding)Hope your having a good time. Did you like the pictures of me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. add me as your best friend of all time

    ReplyDelete