Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Memorial!!!


Hey guys,

These are pics of the fully remodeled Kingdom Hall here in Caye Caulker about 45 minutes before the Memorial started.
It was a really cool experience to be at the Memorial on an island in Belize!!
The biggest difference that I noticed right away, is that, people didn't get there much earlier than they do for a regular meeting.  It was 20 minutes til time to start and there were 5 people there.  That was different for sure.
The turn-out was awesome though...there were 82 people in attendance, in a congregation with 12 publishers!!  That was unbelievable to see!  It was a tight fit.
It makes you realize what kind of brotherhood we have, though, because I was down here and knew that the very same thing was happening in every congregation in the world on the night of April 9th!
I got to be the chairman for the Memorial, and was asked to say the prayer over the wine.  Those were both new and exciting priveleges!

I heard that Corbin had 166 there last night...if I remember right, we only had like 157 there last year.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was somewhere in there.

Anyways, look at the other pics I posted from the Memorial, too.
Keep in touch.

Love ya'all,
Josh

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,
    What a great attendance! It was crowded here -- a lot of folks we had not seen in awhile and some new ones to meet. Glad you are feeling better -- keep drinking the water. Pictures are great you are posting.
    Bye,
    Greta and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josh...You da Man..We are wishing so much to come were you are...Oh welll..set your camera on 2 meg so the pics aint so darn big on this end..im getting a sore arm from scrolling them....love ya guy and keep up the good work...Bill n Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great attendance for such a small congregation. We had 171 which was a few more than last year. I think everyone has increased in attendance that we have talked to. That is so great in these hard times. Hope you are feeling better. And continue to enjoy all these great privileges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this Josh this is carla. I've been following along but decided to have kris make me a profile. I'll post comments to the other pics. you will have to go back and read them.(sorry).I was over seas at a small memorial one time.It was in ST.Croix and I'll never be able to forget my experiance over there.You feel like your in a small group but feel the love of thousands at the same time.Dont forget to back up and read my other comments when you have time. -CARLA-

    ReplyDelete