Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Week of Firsts

Hey everybody,

This is going to be an exciting week!

Tonight, at the meeting, I will be overseeing the Theocratic Ministry School for the very first time! Many of you know how nervous I can get about my parts on the meeting. I thought I would be ready to have a stroke, and I am nervous, but not as bad as I thought...not yet anyways. However, it is still early in the day.

Then on Sunday, I will be conducting the Watchtower study or the very first time! I think I will be sweating bulletts for that!!

I hope that these kinds of experiences will help me when I get home to be able to do more in the congregation in Corbin.

The last 3 mornings, we have gone out from around 6:30 am till around 8:30 am, in an effort to beat the heat. It gets hot here fairly early in the morning. We do "approach" work on the street. Its basically a combination of door-to-door and street witnessing. We walk around the island in groups of 2 or 3 and if we see someone that is in a position to talk or who looks any bit interested in what we are doing, then we go talk to them. It's kinda cool. Early morning witnesseing is going to be a regular thing for me while I'm here.

I didn't have any new pics to put on today, but wanted to let all of you know what the spiritual routine here is like.

I truly appreciate all of your loving support from the time I first started making arrangements to come here! The friends here do too. There is such a big need for brothers here in Caye Caulker. The friends are grateful for any help others can provide.
I'm excited about the Memorial. We're expecting a big crowd. There were 70 here last year!
There were 42 at the meeting Sunday, which is a lot, in a congregation of only 12 publishers.
We have had about 10 brothers and sister here on vacation, just in the 2 weeks since I've been here. Thats really neat. It gives you a chance to meets friends from around the world. In fact, a young brother from Idaho showed up yesterday and needed a place to stay, so he stayed here in "the treehouse". Only Jehovah's organization has that kind of unity! If I don't learn another thing from this trip, I have definitely found out that we are truly part of a WORLDWIDE BROTHERHOOD!

Please keep in touch and let me know how things are going with the congregation and the Memorial campaign at home. I love to hear from you.

Love ya'all,
Josh

9 comments:

  1. Duane, that picture is PRICELESS!
    The first one was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh you are doing so great!! Kepp up the good work. Not many get the opportunity that you are getting. You will do great tonight and Sunday. Don't worry you are very good and speaking and teaching.


    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love hearing how you're doing. I'm so excited and almost nervous for you. Don't sweat bullets just pray and you'll do great. Your parts are always so inspiring and you can tell what you say comes from your heart. You'll do a great job Joshie dont even worry! When you come back we need to find a way to do some of that early morning witnessing. It sounds interesting. Anyways, I love ya and miss ya. I'm so glad you get to experience all these new things and come back and share them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my son,
    I know you will do well at the meeting tonight,because Jehovah will bless your efforts.You keep going forward in your service to Jehovah.If you make one step toward him, he will make a hundred toward you. He is eager to help us.We love you and miss you,and we will be glad to see you,at the end of this adventure.
    Love Always,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To THE MAN,
    Joseph is still here stooge! If you don't stop picking on THE MOM,THE MOM is gonna fix you a double batch of brownies with white icing and sprinkles and shut that left kidney down! Ha!Or I'm gonna buy you a ONE way ticket to Belize! Next time keep that mouth shut! Ha! Ha!
    LUV YA,THE MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you saying the brownies sound like punishment? Careful.........Keep tryin for the ticket. But remember I know where you live! ha! ha !
    THE MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi josh,
    I am sooo proud of you, and i see how much jehovah needed you there now..you did an awesome job on your first public talk before this trip..with all this experience your getting i cant wait to here the next one..now that the shock of you leaving is over im counting the days until you get back..uncle jerry is enjoying the pictures and looking for an excuse to come get you..by the way is there one?..jk..we love you joshie and REALLY miss you..still havent seen pictures of you in case you forgot..love you bunches auntie tina

    ReplyDelete