Thursday, April 9, 2009

Memorial Pics!!!





Hey guys,

Here are some pics I took at the Memorial last night...

1st pic - That is Keano Morgan and his little sister Kimorra.

2nd pic - That is Dan and Dolly Houghton.

3rd pic - That is Jeremy and Karen Scriver.

4th pic - This goofy looking guy is yours truly...I did get a haircut yesterday before the Memorial though.

5th pic - This was a group of 3 couples visiting the island from San Diego.  They found the Kingdom Hall on Tuesday and we actually met them while we were in service that morning.
The guy in the white shirt, Aaron, actually spent a year in Ecuador a few years back.
We went and ate after the meeting and Carol Pugh, a sister who is here for another month and who lived here for 2 1/2 years until her husband passed away last year, discovered that Joe, the bother in the orange shirt actually grew up in her congregation in Montrosse, Colorado.
It was really neat.  She had been good friends with his parents when he was a kid.
He remembered her husband, Jim, from that congregation.  What a small world!

Anyways, I'm gonna post another blog right after this on and give you all the details of the Memorial here, along with a couple more pics.

Love ya'all,
Josh

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey joshie,
    You have been so good about sharing with all of us the things you are doing,Thank You.I was glad
    that the Memorial went so well.The Kingdom Hall is beautiful!I am happy to hear you have three studies!Jehovah is really blessing all the effort that you have put forth.I know it is hard to be away from all the ones you love, but we are here waiting for your big smile! I am very,very proud of you! Love always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron got on first, but he still has only half a brain,and if I can make enough brownies, he'll have no kidney's!!! Ha! Ha! How you like them apples Aaron???


    lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, apple brownies with caramel sauce,
    I hear it helps the brain,
    I'll fix you a double batch!
    Ha! Ha!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Josh,
    We love and miss you a lot!I hope time flies!
    I am sorry I have to be so hard on your friend Aaron.
    It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
    I will pester him till you get home,
    then you can take over, you can beat him at basketball, O.K?
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I mix em' you'll eat em', as long as it's
    something sweet! I bet I can beat you at basketball,when we get to the new system that is! Ha! Ha!

    Mom #2 / lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hall looks great.It has mild colors for where you at.Thats one thing i enjoy about that area the vibrant and rich colors. -Carla-

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all sure do appreciate Josh being with us on the island! He has been so much help not only in service but remodeling the KH and helping with all the parts. We know that you are very proud of him as we are, too! We'll give him hugs from you! Thanks again for letting him come!! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete