Monday, April 6, 2009

The Watchtower...

Hey guys,

You might have heard that I was sick for a couple of days this weekend.  It was evidently a combination of dehydration and just too much heat.  The sun is so intense down here, and I'm just not really used to it.  Now I know to drink, drink, drink.

Anyways, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do that Watchtower on Sunday, so I went to the coordinator of the Spanish congregation here in Caye Caulker (he speaks pretty good English), to see if he could conduct the Watchtower if I was unable.  He was willing to help so that eased my mind. However, when I woke up on Sunday morning, I felt like a new man!!

So I ended up being able to conduct the Watchtower study!!  It was very difficult too.
I think it's a toss up between overseeing the School and conducting the Watchtower, as to which one is more difficult.  So, please, thank your school overseer and your Watchtower study conductor for the hard work they put into their responsibilities every week.

We have almost completed the territory in the tract campaign.  We are expecting a good group for the Memorial on Thursday!  It's unbelievable how quickly upcoming events get spread around the island here, because it is such a compact area.

Then, after the meeting on Sunday, I had my first study with a man here on the island who has known the truth his whole life and has now really started to take it seriously.  He and his family are at ALL the meetings and he has his VERY FIRST Bible reading coming up in the first week of May.  He knows he will be nervous, but has a great attitude and said he is determined to do it.
He was so excited to get his talk slip at the meeting on Wednesday.

Oh, I almost forgot...this Sunday, I give the public talk here in Caye Caulker at 10am, then I'll eat lunch, get on a boat headed to San Pedro (a neighboring island), and give that same public talk at their 6pm meeting!!  I'm excited.  Most of you know that I've had some difficulty with homesickness and now physical sickness, but it's these priveleges and new experiences that I thank Jehovah for everyday. Being able to keep busy with spiritual pursuits is one of the things that helps in those moments when I get homesick.  Thank you all so much for your support.
You friends have made all this possible for me and I will never forget that.

I've heard the weather back home has been cold and even snowing the last couple of days.
I wish that I could send some of this sunshine back to you. The best I can do is to send you some pics.  So, I will probably post 2 more blogs with pics after this one.

Love ya'all and keep in touch,
Josh

2 comments:

  1. Josh I am so proud of you. You will be a changed man when you come back. Life is so different there but you seem to be fitting in just great. I am glad you just need to drink more and it is not something serious. Adapting to a new climate is not always easy. Everyone in Corbin misses you bad but with all the pictures and stories you will have when you get back it will be well worth missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh

    Your pictures and experiences are so encouraging to everyone back here. We are so proud of what you are doing on that island. The experience and training that you are receiving are invaluable. Jehovah will use you well in his organization.

    It was really good to see the picture of you out in the service. Continue to enjoy yourself as you serve Jehovah down there.

    We miss you
    David & Ruby

    ReplyDelete