Friday, April 24, 2009

Thursday's Pics and Some Updates...






Hey guys,
In service on Thursday, I went back to the guy at the hardware store.
He had read the last magazines I left him and had looked the "Teach" book over...
He mentioned that he would like to talk about Chapter 6: "Where Are The Dead?".
So, I'm supposed to go tomorrow (Saturday) at noon, when he gets off work, and study a few paragraphs from that chapter.  He say that he has questions and wants to find the answers!
So, we will see what happens, but he sounds sincere and very interested in learning what the BIBLE says!
While we were in service, we went to this guys house (Kenny) who has taken in some of the stray animals on the island...
Three out of the first four pics are from inside his yard...

1st pic:  That is a big, "testosteroned up", male iguana in Kenny's yard...It lives there and was actually pretty cooperative while I was taking it's picture.

2nd pic:  This is one of the dogs in Kenny's yard...its name is Benji.
Don't you think he is definitely part hound dog?

3rd pic:  This little guy was lying under a tree just up the street from Kenny's place...
Jeremy and I are pretty sure he was dreaming...

4th pic:  This is a "wild" cat that is in Kenny's yard, too.  Jeremy started petting it and this was one of the shots I got of it...

5th pic:  There is kind of a funny story about how I got this pic...  I went down to one of the piers that we swim from in regular clothes.  It was in the evening and I was just going to see if I could get some more pics of the sun setting and because the breeze off the water makes it so much cooler. It's really relaxing to sit there in the evenings.   Anyways, I had my camera and my MP3 player, but I saw this huge starfish out in the water...So, I emptied my pockets, pulled my shirt and belt off, and in I went!  Then, after I picked up the starfish, I brought it back over by the pier and took some pics...So, there you go...I hope you like it!
Then, when I got back to the "treehouse", Karen Scriver stopped me in the yard and wanted to know if I fell in or something...haha!  It was really funny!  

Today (Friday), Jeremy was at Kenny's doing some work on his kayak and I went down there for a while... While I was standing there, looking at this freshly painted kayak, the wind started blowing and we were underneath some kind of fruit tree...All of a sudden, this piece of fruit about the size of a lime, but with a harder shell, fell out of the tree and hit me right in top of the head.
Haha... It didn't hurt me or anything, but it was funny... Then, it broke open and landed in Jeremy's freshly painted kayak!  No biggie though...I'm just glad it wasn't a coconut!

Now, this video is one that I shot while I was sitting out on the pier Thursday.  I saw this guy "wind-surfing" and thought it would be an interesting video for the blog...Let me know what you think...


Anyways, I gotta go...I hope you are all still enjoying the blog!
Keep in touch...

Love ya'all,
Josh

19 comments:

  1. OMGGGG You found patrick star!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh, you should've taken a picture of a sponge and put it next to the star and seen if anybody would get it, other than kira. Anyway GO CATS! not steelers, lakers, or the cleveland lebron james' 23 UK 23 UK 23 UK 23 UK 23 UK 23 UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh go back and get the star fish,

    it is RED! I want it!

    As long as the fruit hit you in the head,

    it won't hurt you! Ha Ha !!!

    Want some doughnuts?

    When you get home, You can have some, okay?

    And a mint chocolate ice cream cake!!!

    We love you!!!


    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little white dog reminds me of the Jack Russel i used to have

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the guy in the video was going to hit the boat......24 23 54 43

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jared I thought the same thing!!

    And by the way, who is the best aunt in the world?

    And who makes the best peanut butter fudge?

    You better say me, or...........

    No more for fudge for you!!!

    lol

    Auntie Ebbylin

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all go steelers.Second of all my grandma makes the best peanut butter and the chocolate fudge.Third of all 43!!!!!!!!!!!!!43,23/24,54.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhhhh NO, 23 = UK = capital of college basketball(Rupp Arena) Get it right kris and jared. The steelers will not repeat. Lakers will lose in the finals to lebron james. And kentucky will win the natl champ next year. So yeah, GO CATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet josh would agree with everything I just said, because I am so right. I'm a true blue fan. (take that kris and jared)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brett you thought the cardinals were going to win it you traitor!!!!!! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Kris,

    I'm gonna tell your mom that you are being mean to me !!!!

    And she will get you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. U thought the cardinals were gonna win???wow.Any ways i dont like b-ball so you guys can argue that point.Whos your fav. football team brett???

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite football team is whoever wins.Kris you should go to my blog,all you have to do is click on my picture and it has a link to it.It's pretty much the greatest blog ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have to say my favorite pro football is the cincinnati bengals, I know they are horrible but it is where I was born. Favorite college football team, well thats pretty self explanitory. No jared, I did not think they were going to win, but I wanted them to win

    ReplyDelete
  15. 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You tell him Jared !!!!!
    Kris,how you like them apples???
    Next time keep your mouth shut!
    Ha! Ha!
    P.S. I still love ya!!!!
    THE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey josh,

    wonder how we all made it without your blog spot? haha..as you can see nothing has changed with everybody..lol..all a bunch of babies..lol..i love the pictures..keep em coming..cant wait to see you..love you bunches
    auntie tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey!!!!
    Who you calling a baby!!!!
    You say that again and I'm gonna cry!!!
    Now you will have to pet me,
    you hurt my feelings!!
    HA! HA!
    See Josh, nothings changed!
    Tell Tina, I'm not a baby!! lol
    Anyway, as you can see you will have lots of fun when you get home!!!!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Josh,

    Dr. Couch wants to know if you're flossing while in Belize. We are just checking to see if you'll be back for your next check-up. Hope you're having a great time.

    The Gang at Couch Dental

    ReplyDelete