Monday, April 20, 2009

What A Week!!

Hey guys,

Here is the post I promised you...Things here are going great!
We have had an early group for service almost everyday for the past week.
I have to tell you about a really good call I had last week...

I was out in service around 8:30 am...I went to Dan Houghton's place to get the Kingdom Hall key because I lost mine while I was snorkling at the reef.  So, he gave me his key to the Kingdom Hall and told me where to go get another one made.  When I go in, I already had my bookbag and I was in service and the store was empty...no other customers.  So, I decided to offer him the mags.  He said, "Dan already gives me those, when I see him".  It just so happened that he hadn't gotten the March Watchtower entitled "Is Your Life Decided By Fate?"  So, he said he would like to read it and told me that the previous week he'd had 2 friends on the mainland get decapitated in a car accident on the mainland...this magazine was perfect for him and what was on his mind.
So, I left the March mags. with him...

Well, the very next day we were out early again and I saw Dan on the street, coming back from that same hardware store...he had a problem with a key I'd had made for him the day before...
He said the guy working there said he had read BOTH mags. the day before and wanted to know if I had some more.  When Dan told me that, I went straight back to that store and sure enough...
he had read both mags. and showed me his favorite articles from both of them!!  I showed him the new April magazines and he took them eagerly and he also accepted a "TEACH" book...
I don't know what will happen with it, but he did say that he was checking out several different religions and that he wanted to know which one was correct...I'm going back tomorrow to try and start a study...I will keep you posted about what happens.

Then, yesterday, Dan Houghton gave the talk here and then had to go to San Pedro to give it again, like I did last week.  That meant I would be conducting the Watchtower again...which I did yesterday.  I was much more comfortable conducting it this time and the commenting was great...the problem ended up being that I mis-managed my time and ended up rushing through the last 6 paragraphs or so.  But, that just comes with not having much experience in doing it, I guess.  I enjoy conducting that meeting though.

I just came back from about 4 hours of kayaking/fishing...I'm exhausted.  I found out that I love kayaking though.  I went with Jeremy and he did the fly fishing while I played around in the kayak...Check out what he caught...

This was an "amber jack" weighing approximately 10 pounds...and it was tasty!!

Jeremy was fly fishing and it took him about 30 minutes to actually get it in his hands...that fish fought with everything he had, but he didn't get away.

I'm definitely going to be doing some more kayaking here though and hopefully once I get back home, too.

I had better go for now...service in the morning!
I hope you guys are enjoying the blog so far...please keep in touch.  Check out BJ's, too!

Love ya'all,
Josh

3 comments:

  1. 10lbs....hmmmmm....who weighed it...I've had a lot of jacks on the end of my spear gun much bigger than that thing and I don't think they were 10 pounders....Jeremy must have weighed it...

    Anyway...good to see you had some water time today. I looked out today and noticed the reef wasn't so rough...maybe we'll get a day of spearfishing in this week...you game?

    You gotta come over this week for service too.

    Cya

    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awsome.I love Kayaking to. Maybe we could go some time. IDK about fishing though. My dad likes it. I've fished a couple of times never caught much and thats about it. Or an even better idea is that you guys and us should rent a ponton for a day on larel lake. Its a blast. Keep up the good work in service and well...............43.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Josh, you got some good fishing. Too bad laurel lake doesnt have cool fish like that. Wish you were my cousin, we could have some good fishing!

    ReplyDelete